Contact VAWatchdog

Email Jim Strickland


Fax us toll free


​Find Jim on Facebook

Things You'll Need

Mail your forms, documents
and evidence here...

Department of Veterans Affairs
Claims Intake Center
PO BOX 4444
JANESVILLE, WI 53547- 4444

Toll Free Fax: 844-531-7818
We recommend that you mail a copy and then

fax a copy!  Yes, it's twice thework but maybe

VA will only lose oneand the other will

be processed. Remember: Use Certified Mail!


VA Form 21-526EZ

Disability Service Connection
Secondary Service Connection

IncreasedDisability Compensation

Temporary Total Disability Rating
 Individual Unemployability
Compensation under 38 U.S.C. 1151
 Special Monthly Compensation
Specially Adapted Housing

Special Home Adaptation

Automobile Allowance/Adaptive Equipment
Benefits Based on a Veteran's
Seriously Disabled Child

VA Form 21-0958 - NOD
​Notice of Disagreement

VA Form 21-534 EZ
Application for DIC, Death Pension

Change of Address​

TDIU Annual - VA Form 4140

Declaration of Status of Dependents
VA form 21-686c

How To

How To Apply For SSDI

How To Apply For

TDIU Unemployability

How To Use

Disability Benefits Questionnaires


How To Apply For A Disability Rating

How To Apply For An Increase

to an existing rating

How To Retrieve Your

Military Personnel Records

Research Your Claim

The M21-1MR

The Schedule For Rating Disabilities

Claim Denied Appeal
Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA)


America's Leading Resource For
Military Veterans News & Benefits Information 

Over Ten Years of Service to America's Military Veterans

Since 2005 This Is The Site VA Reads When They

Want To Learn What They've Been Doing

Welcome Aboard!



Ask Jim...He'll reply soon.


Veterans Law Attorney

VA Disability Benefits Due To Negligence
The 1151 Claim

An important part of VA Disability law provides relief if a veteran suffers an injury or dies as the result of “negligent” VA health care, VA vocational rehabilitation, or the VA compensated work therapy (CWP) program.   The Statute allowing these benefits is 38 USC § 1151, better known simply as an 1151 claim. A claim under Section 1151 is similar to a medical malpractice claim against the VA, but there are some very important differences. In order to file an 1151 claim, a veteran or family member has to write the VA indicating that he/she believes that a permanent injury/disability, or death has occurred as the result of an action, or failure to act, of the VA. You MUST be able to show “intent”, in order to apply for 1151 benefits or VA disability benefits. Once this is done, the claims process should be triggered.
Read the rest of this article by clicking here.
Need advice about your potential 1151 claim? Call
Hale Law Office at 1-800-522-4595 for your FREE Consultation with accredited veterans disability attorney Roger Hale.

Veterans Clinical Psychologist
Veterans Medical Opinion Physician
Veterans Law Attorney
Veterans Law Attorney
Veterans Law Attorney
Veterans Disability Attorney

Department of Veterans Affairs

How To File A Veterans Disability Benefit Claim

How To File A VA Claim

You DO NOT need any sort of "VA rep", VSO or anyone else to help you.

If you need help with forms, ask a family member.

You are not allowed to use a lawyer unless you're appealing a denied claim.

Filing a disability benefits claim isn't CAN DIY.

Take your time.  Follow the instructions.  Be brief, be precise.

You can file electronically or using mail and fax.

The only claim we guarantee that you'll lose

is the claim that you didn't file.
Register for and familiarize yourself with eBenefits.
CAUTION: the eBenefits site doesn't always work well.

Use it only if you have confidence in your computer skills.
Gather your records for your own use.
If there are civilian medical records, get those yourself.

Do not rely on VA to get them for you.
If you only have VA medical records, they will be accessible to the raters.

You don't need to gather your VA health records.
Military records and DD-214 replacements are here.
Get your records (evidence) organized.
Make copies, collate them in good order. If you plan to

upload them on-line, start scanning.
Now File the Claim

Complete VA Form 21-526EZ

Tell VA exactly what you are claiming and tell them

the rating percentage you believe you've earned.

Use The Schedule For Rating Disabilities

to determine what rating you may be eligible for.

You should use the same language that VA uses to describe your illness or injury.

Once You Complete Your Paperwork
Use certified mail ONLY to mail your

completed forms and evidence to:
The VA Claims Intake Center 
Department of Veterans Affairs
PO Box 5235
Janesville, WI  53547-5235

We also recommend that you fax a complete

copy of everything you mailed to:
Toll Free FAX Janesville – 844-822-5246

You're done! 
How hard was that?​

You should soon hear from VA that they're working on your claim.

Shortly after you should be scheduled for a C & P exam.

Be patient, once these things happen your claim is being processed.